Getting to Know our Creator : Pondering & Reflecting
Your very own existence points you to your Creator. Think about it yourself. You became a thing after having been nothing. You were developed from a drop of sperm, to a clot until you ended up a complete creature. This is solid proof of the power and wisdom of your Creator. This should lead you to thank Him by submitting yourself to Him only.
5. So let man see from what he is created! [Quran 86: 5]
1. Read! In the Name of your Lord Who has created.
2. He has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood).
3. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous.
4. Who has taught (the writing) by the pen.
5. He has taught man that which he knew not. [Quran 96: 1-5]
21. And also in your ownselves. Will you not then see? [Quran 51: 21]
6. He created you (all) from a single person; then made from him his wife. And He has sent down for you of cattle eight pairs. He creates you in the wombs of your mothers: creation after creation in three veils of darkness. Such is Allah your Lord. His is the kingdom. Lâ ilâha illâ Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). How then are you turned away? [Quran 39: 6]
13. What is the matter with you, that [you fear not Allah (His punishment), and] you hope not for reward (from Allah or you believe not in His Oneness). 14. While He has created you in (different) stages. [Quran 71: 13-14]
5. O mankind! If you are in doubt about the Resurrection, then verily We have created you from dust, then from a sperm-drop, then from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood) then from a little lump of flesh – some formed and some unformed – that We may make (it) clear to you. And We cause whom We will to remain in the wombs for an appointed term, then We bring you out as infants, then (give you growth) that you may reach your age of full strength. And among you there is he who dies (young), and among you there is he who is brought back to the miserable old age, so that he knows nothing after having known. And you see the earth barren, but when We send down water (rain) on it, it is stirred (to life), and it swells and puts forth every lovely kind (of growth). [Quran 22: 5]
12. And indeed We created man out of an extract of clay (water and earth). 13. Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a sperm-drop in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). 14. Then We made the sperm-drop, then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So Blessed is Allah, the Best creator. [Quran 23: 12-14]
67. It is He, Who has created you (Adam) from dust, then from a sperm-drop then from a clot (a piece of coagulated blood), then brings you forth as an infant, then (makes you grow) to reach the age of full strength, and afterwards to be old (men and women) – though some among you die before,- and that you reach an appointed term in order that you may understand. [Quran 40: 67]
You must ponder to the fluctuation and variation of the human being between stages of weakness and strength.
54. Allah is He Who created you in (a state of) weakness, then gave you strength after weakness, then after strength gave (you) weakness and grey hair. He creates what He wills. And it is He Who is the All-Knowing, the All-Powerful. [Quran 30: 54]
6. He created you (all) from a single person (Adam); then made from him his wife. And He has sent down for you of cattle eight pairs (of the sheep, two, male and female; of the goats, two, male and female; of the oxen, two, male and female; and of the camels, two, male and female). He creates you in the wombs of your mothers: creation after creation in three veils of darkness. Such is Allah your Lord. His is the kingdom. Lâ ilâha illâ Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). How then are you turned away? [Quran 39: 6]
So how can anything deviate us away from our Creator and from worshiping him alone after all these shining proofs and clear cut evidances?
Then our Creator tells us that He created us in the best form and appearance.
64. Allah, it is He Who has made for you the earth as a dwelling place and the sky as a canopy, and has given you shape and made your shapes good (looking) and has provided you with good things. That is Allah, your Lord: so Blessed be Allah, the Lord of the worlds. [Quran 40: 64]
6. O man! What has made you careless about your Lord, the Most Generous? 7. Who created you, fashioned you perfectly, and gave you due proportion.
8. In whatever form He willed, He put you together. [Quran 82: 6-8]
So, what makes children from a single man and woman differ in their appearance and feelings?
The answer is that Allah is the one Who has created them and fashioned each individual in a unique manner, since He is the Omnipotent and All powerful.
He has created the human being with different organs and varing characters from a single substance and made from it from the male and female pair. This is wondrous for those who reflect and ponder. Are we from those who reflect and ponder?
11. And Allah did create you (Adam) from dust, then from sperm-drop, then He made you pairs (male and female). And no female conceives or gives birth but with His Knowledge. And no aged man is granted a length of life nor is a part cut off from his life (or another man’s life), but is in a Book (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfûz ) Surely, that is easy for Allah. [Quran 35: 11]
19. He brings out the living from the dead, and brings out the dead from the living. And He revives the earth after its death. And thus shall you be brought out (resurrected).
20. And among His Signs is this, that He created you from dust, and then behold you are human beings scattered!
21. And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect. 22. And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. Verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge. [Quran 30: 19-22]
45. And that He (Allah) creates the pairs, male and female
46. From sperm-drop when it is emitted. [Quran 53: 45-46]
36. Does man think that he will be left neglected (without being punished or rewarded for the obligatory duties enjoined by his Lord Allah on him)? 37. Was he not a drop of semen emitted (poured forth)? 38. Then he became a clot; then (Allah) shaped and fashioned (him) in due proportion. 39. And made of him two sexes, male and female. 40. Is not He able to give life to the dead? [Quran 75: 36-40]
54. And it is He Who has created man from water, and has appointed for him kindred by blood, and kindred by marriage. And your Lord is Ever All-Powerful to do what He wills. [Quran 25: 54]
Every single human is different from another; you can single out a person among even millions. This is a result of our Creator’s wisdom in order for us to differentiate between people, so to know a good person from a bad one, and to keep and protect our rights. What would life be like if all human beings were the same in all aspects? Think about it.
13. O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honorable of you with Allah is the one who conscious of God. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware. [Quran 49: 13]
1. O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person, and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Eve], and from them both He created many men and women; and fear Allah through Whom you demand (your mutual rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship). Surely, Allah is Ever an All-Watcher over you. [Quran 4: 1]
Our creator directed us to see and think about all the things around us and to ask ourselves, “Are us and all these things created for no purpose?”
101. Say: “Behold all that is in the heavens and the earth,” but neither signs nor warners benefit those who believe not. [Quran 10: 101]
6. Do they not look at the sky above them?- How We have made it and adorned it, and there are no flaws in it?
7. And the earth- We have spread it out, and set thereon mountains standing firm, and produced therein every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs)
8. To be observed and commemorated by every devotee turning (to Allah). [Quran 50: 6-8]
185. Do they not look in the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all things that Allah has created; and that it may be that the end of their lives is near. In what message after this will they then believe? [Quran 7: 185]
105. And how many a sign in the heavens and the earth they pass by, while they are averse there from. 106. And most of them believe not in Allah except that they attribute partners unto Him. [Quran 12: 105-106]
191. Those who remember Allah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): “Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire. [Quran 3: 191]
10. Who has made for you the earth like a bed, and has made for you roads therein, in order that you may find your way. [Quran 43: 10]
33. And a sign for them is the dead land. We give it life, and We bring forth from it grains, so that they eat thereof. 34. And We have made therein gardens of date-palms and grapes, and We have caused springs of water to gush forth therein. 35. So that they may eat of the fruit thereof – and their hands made it not. Will they not, then, give thanks? 36. Glory be to Him Who has created all the pairs of that which the earth produces, as well as of their own kind, and of that which they know not. 37. And a sign for them is the night. We withdraw therefrom the day, and behold, they are in darkness.
38. And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (appointed). That is the Decree of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing. 39. And the moon, We have measured for it mansions (to traverse) till it returns like the old dried curved date stalk. 40. It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor does the night outstrip the day. They all float, each in an orbit. [Quran 36: 33-40]
3. Who has created the seven heavens one above another; you can see no fault in the creation of the Most Gracious. Then look again: “Can you see any rifts?”
4. Then look again and yet again: your sight will return to you in a state of humiliation and worn out. [Quran 67: 3-4]
41. Verily! Allah grasps the heavens and the earth lest they should move away from their places, and if they were to move away from their places, there is not one that could grasp them after Him. Truly, He is Ever Most Forbearing, Oft-Forgiving. [Quran 35: 41]
2. Allah is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that you can see. Then, He rose above (Istawâ) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). He has subjected the sun and the moon (to continue going round), each running (its course) for a term appointed. He manages and regulates all affairs; He explains the signs in detail that you may believe with certainty in the meeting with your Lord. 3. And it is He Who spread out the earth, and placed therein firm mountains and rivers and of every kind of fruits He made two pairs. He brings the night as a cover over the day. Verily, in these things, there are signs for people who reflect. 4. And in the earth are neighbouring tracts, and gardens of vines, and green crops (fields), and date-palms, growing into two or three from a single stem root, or otherwise (one stem root for every palm), watered with the same water; yet some of them We make more excellent than others to eat. Verily, in these things there are signs for the people who understand. [Quran 13: 2-4]
22. Who has made the earth a resting place for you, and the sky as a canopy, and sent down water (rain) from the sky and brought forth therewith fruits as a provision for you. Then do not set up rivals unto Allah (in worship) while you know (that He Alone has the right to be worshipped). [Quran 2: 22]
24. Then let man look at his food: 25. We pour forth water in abundance. 26. And We split the earth in clefts. 27. And We cause therein the grain to grow. 28. And grapes and clover plants (i.e. green fodder for the cattle). 29. And olives and date-palms. 30. And gardens dense with many trees. 31. And fruits and herbage.
32. (To be) a provision and benefit for you and your cattle. [Quran 80: 24-32]
6. Verily We have adorned the near heaven with the stars (for beauty). [Quran 37: 6]
12. Then He completed and finished from their creation (as) seven heavens in two Days and He made in each heaven its affair. And We adorned the nearest (lowest) heaven with lamps (stars) to be an adornment as well as to guard (from the devils by using them as missiles against the devils). Such is the Decree of Him the All-Mighty, the All-Knower. [Quran 41: 12]
37. And from among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Prostrate yourselves neither to the sun nor to the moon, but prostrate yourselves to Allah Who created them, if you (really) worship Him. [Quran 41: 37]
54. Indeed your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in Six Days, and then He rose over (Istawâ) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). He brings the night as a cover over the day, seeking it rapidly, and (He created) the sun, the moon, the stars subjected to His Command. Surely, His is the Creation and Commandment. Blessed is Allah, the Lord of the worlds! [Quran 7: 54]
5. He has created the heavens and the earth with truth. He makes the night to go in the day and makes the day to go in the night. And He has subjected the sun and the moon. Each running (on a fixed course) for an appointed term. Verily, He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving. [Quran 39: 5]
7. Do they not observe the earth – how much of every good kind We cause to grow therein? 8. Verily, in this is a sign, yet most of them are not believers. 9. And verily your Lord, He is truly the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful. [Quran 42: 7-9]
95. Verily! It is Allah Who causes the seed-grain and the fruit-stone (like date-stone) to split and sprout. He brings forth the living from the dead, and it is He Who brings forth the dead from the living. Such is Allah, then how are you deluded away from the truth? 96. (He is the) Cleaver of the daybreak. He has appointed the night for resting, and the sun and the moon for reckoning. Such is the measuring of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing. 97. It is He Who has set the stars for you, so that you may guide your course with their help through the darkness of the land and the sea. We have (indeed) explained in detail Our signs for people who know.
98. It is He Who has created you from a single person (Adam), and has given you a place of residing (on the earth or in your mother’s wombs) and a place of storage. Indeed, We have explained in detail Our revelations for people who understand. 99. It is He Who sends down water (rain) from the sky, and with it We bring forth vegetation of all kinds, and out of it We bring forth green stalks, from which We bring forth thick clustered grain. And out of the date-palm and its spathe come forth clusters of dates hanging low and near, and gardens of grapes, olives and pomegranates, each similar (in kind) yet different (in variety and taste). Look at their fruits when they begin to bear, and the ripeness thereof. Verily! In these things there are signs for people who believe. [Quran 6: 95-99]
27. See you not that Allah sends down water (rain) from the sky, and We produce therewith fruits of various colors, and among the mountains are streaks white and red, of varying colors and (others) very black. 28. And likewise of men and beasts, and cattle, are of various colors. It is only those who have knowledge among His slaves that fear Allah. Verily, Allah is All-Mighty, Oft-Forgiving. [Quran 35: 27-28]
32. Allah is He Who has created the heavens and the earth and sends down water (rain) from the sky, and thereby brought forth fruits as provision for you; and He has made the ships to be of service to you, that they may sail through the sea by His Command; and He has made rivers (also) to be of service to you. 33. And He has made the sun and the moon, both constantly pursuing their courses, to be of service to you; and He has made the night and the day, to be of service to you.
34. And He gave you of all that you asked for, and if you count the Blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them. Verily, man is indeed an extreme wrong-doer, an ingrate. [Quran 14: 32-34]
37. And a sign for them is the night. We withdraw therefrom the day, and behold, they are in darkness. 38. And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (appointed). That is the Decree of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing. 39. And the moon, We have measured for it mansions (to traverse) till it returns like the old dried curved date stalk.
40. It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor does the night outstrip the day. They all float, each in an orbit. [Quran 36:37-40]
62. And He it is Who has put the night and the day in succession, for such who desires to remember or desires to show his gratitude. [Quran 25: 62]
44. Allah causes the night and the day to succeed each other. Truly, in this is indeed a lesson for those who have insight.
45. Allah has created every moving (living) creature from water. Of them there are some that creep on their bellies, and some that walk on two legs, and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills. Verily Allah is Able to do all things. [Quran 24: 44-45]
71. Say (O Muhammad): “Tell me! If Allah made the night continuous for you till the Day of Resurrection, which god besides Allah could bring you light? Will you not then hear?”
72. Say (O Muhammad): “Tell me! If Allah made the day continuous for you till the Day of Resurrection, which god besides Allah could bring you night wherein you rest? Will you not then see?” 73. It is out of His Mercy that He has made for you the night and the day that you may rest therein and that you may seek of His Bounty – and in order that you may be grateful. [Quran 28: 71-73]
6. Have We not made the earth as a bed.
7. And the mountains as pegs?
8. And We have created you in pairs. 9. And We have made your sleep as a thing for rest. 10. And We have made the night as a covering (through its darkness). 11. And We have made the day for livelihood. 12. And We have built above you seven strong (heavens). 13. And We have made (therein) a shining lamp (sun).
14. And We have sent down from the rainy clouds abundant water. 15. That We may produce therewith corn and vegetation.
16. And gardens of thick growth. [Quran 78: 6-16]
86. See they not that We have made the night for them to rest therein, and the day sight-giving? Verily, in this are signs for the people who believe. [Quran 27: 86]
12. And We have appointed the night and the day as two signs. Then, We have obliterated the sign of the night (with darkness) while We have made the sign of the day illuminating, that you may seek bounty from your Lord, and that you may know the number of the years and the reckoning. And We have explained everything (in detail) with full explanation. [Quran 17: 12]
21. O mankind! Worship your Lord, Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become from the pious. 22. Who has made the earth a resting place for you, and the sky as a canopy, and sent down water (rain) from the sky and brought forth therewith fruits as a provision for you. Then do not set up rivals unto Allah (in worship) while you know (that He Alone has the right to be worshipped). [Quran 2: 21-22]
53. Who has made earth for you like a bed (spread out); and has opened roads for you therein, and has sent down water from the sky. And We have brought forth with it various kinds of vegetation. 54. Eat and pasture your cattle (therein); verily, in this are signs for men of understanding. [Quran 20: 53-54]
13. What is the matter with you, that [you fear not Allah (His punishment), and] you hope not for reward (from Allah or you believe not in His Oneness). 14. While He has created you in (different) stages. 15. See you not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another? 16. And has made the moon a light therein, and made the sun a lamp? 17. And Allah has brought you forth from the (dust of) earth? 18. Afterwards He will return you into it (the earth), and bring you forth (again on the Day of Resurrection)? 19. And Allah has made for you the earth a wide expanse. 20. That you may go about therein in broad roads. [Quran 71: 13-20]
46. And among His Signs is this, that He sends the winds as glad tidings, giving you a taste of His Mercy, and that the ships may sail at His Command, and that you may seek of His Bounty, in order that you may be thankful. [Quran 30: 46]
57. And it is He Who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His Mercy. Till when they have carried a heavy-laden cloud, We drive it to a land that is dead, then We cause water to descend thereon. Then We produce every kind of fruit therewith. Similarly, We shall raise up the dead, so that you may remember or take heed. [Quran 7: 57]
10. He has created the heavens without any pillars that you see, and has set on the earth firm mountains lest it should shake with you. And He has scattered therein moving (living) creatures of all kinds. And We send down water from the sky, and We cause (plants) of every goodly kind to grow therein. 11. This is the creation of Allah. So show Me that which those (whom you worship) besides Him have created. Nay, the wrongdoers are in plain error. [Quran 31: 10-11]
66. And verily! In the cattle, there is a lesson for you. We give you to drink of that which is in their bellies, from between excretions and blood, pure milk; palatable to the drinkers. 67. And from the fruits of date-palms and grapes, you derive strong drink and a goodly provision. Verily, therein is indeed a sign for people who have wisdom. 68. And your Lord inspired the bees, saying: “Take you habitations in the mountains and in the trees and in what they erect. 69. “Then, eat of all fruits, and follow the ways of your Lord made easy (for you).” There comes forth from their bellies, a drink of varying colour wherein is healing for men. Verily, in this is indeed a sign for people who think. 70. And Allah has created you and then He will cause you to die; and of you there are some who are sent back to senility, so that they know nothing after having known (much). Truly! Allah is All-Knowing, All-Powerful.
71. And Allah has preferred some of you above others in wealth and properties. Then, those who are preferred will by no means hand over their wealth and properties to those (slaves) whom their right hands possess, so that they may be equal with them in respect thereof. Do they then deny the Favour of Allah? 72. And Allah has made for you mates of your own kind, and has made for you, from your wives, sons and grandsons, and has bestowed on you good provision. Do they then believe in false deities and deny the Favour of Allah. [Quran 16: 66-72]
As we see, there are many signs around us pointing and directing us to know our Creator. His Wisdom, Mercy and the decree is all manifest to us. He is indeed our Lord and Creator, whom we must recognize and worship.
31. Say (O Muhammad): “Who provides for you from the sky and the earth? Or who owns hearing and sight? And who brings out the living from the dead and brings out the dead from the living? And who disposes the affairs?” They will say: “Allah.” Say: “Will you not then be afraid of Allah’s punishment (for setting up rivals in worship with Allah)?” 32. Such is Allah, your Lord in truth. So after the truth, what else can there be, save error? How then are you turned away? [Quran 10: 31-32]
91. No son did Allah beget, nor is there any god along with Him. (If there had been many gods), then each god would have taken away what he had created, and some would have tried to overcome others! Glorified be Allah above all that they attribute to Him! 92. All-Knower of the unseen and the seen! Exalted be He over all that they associate as partners to Him! [Quran 23: 91-92]
22. Had there been therein (in the heavens and the earth) gods besides Allah, then verily both would have been ruined. Glorified be Allah, the Lord of the Throne, (High is He) above all that they associate with Him! 23. He cannot be questioned as to what He does, while they will be questioned. 24. Or have they taken for worship (other) gods besides Him? Say: “Bring your proof.” This (the Qur’ân) is the Reminder for those with me and the Reminder for those before me. But most of them know not the Truth, so they are averse. [Quran 21: 22-24]
42. Say (O Muhammad): “If there had been other gods along with Him as they assert, then they would certainly have sought out a way to the Lord of the Throne. 43. Glorified and Exalted be He! High above what they say!
44. The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein, glorify Him and there is not a thing but glorifies His Praise. But you understand not their glorification. Truly, He is Ever Forbearing, Oft-Forgiving. [Quran 17: 42-44]
71. And if the truth had been in accordance with their desires, verily, the heavens and the earth, and whosoever is therein would have been corrupted! Nay, We have brought them their reminder, but they turn away from their reminder. [Quran 23: 71]
Author : Hamad Saleh Al-Hoqail