Understanding Islam : Islam & Human Rights
Before Islam, those who had power and authority would abuse the rights of those less fortunate; women were owned as possessions, children were murdered at birth, and those without protection were treated as slaves.
Islam has a very comprehensive code on human rights and the treatment of human beings from sections of the community that can be vulnerable. Islam came and outlawed many of these abhorrent practices, and restored dignity to the most oppressed.
Islam legislated the rights of humans upon one another, and reinforced the equivalence of all, reminding humanity of the equality between men and women, Arab and non-Arab, regardless of colour; superiority in Islam is based upon piety and love of Allah.
- Islam & Human Rights : Women in Islam
- Islam & Human Rights : The Rights of Children in Islam
- Islam & Human Rights : Ethnic Minorities
- Islam & Human Rights : The Last Sermon of the prophet Mohammed
- Islam & Human Rights : The Covenant of Omar
Author : Abdullah Bin Zaid Al-Mahmoud Islamic Cultural Center, Qatar
Read more :