Let us learn more about the prophets and what their message to mankind was.
59. Indeed, We sent Noah to his people and he said: “O my people! Worship Allah! You have no other god but Him. Certainly, I fear for you the torment of a Great Day!” [Quran 7: 59]
65. And to ‘Âd, (We sent) their brother Hûd. He said: “O my people! Worship Allah! You have no other god but Him. Will you not fear (Allah)?” [Quran 7: 65]
73. And to Thamûd, (We sent) their brother Sâlih. He said: “O my people! Worship Allah! You have no other god but Him. Indeed there has come to you a clear sign from your Lord. This she-camel of Allah is a sign unto you; so you leave her to graze in Allah’s earth, and touch her not with harm, lest a painful torment should seize you. [Quran 7: 73]
85. And to (the people of) Madyan, (We sent) their brother Shu‘aib. He said: “O my people! Worship Allah! You have no other god but Him. Verily, a clear proof from your Lord has come unto you; so give full measure and full weight and wrong not men in their things, and do not do mischief on the earth after it has been set in order, that will be better for you, if you are believers. [Quran 7: 85]
The five most illustrious of them are:
7. And (remember) when We took from the Prophets their covenant, and from you (O Muhammad), and from Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus son of Mary. We took from them a strong covenant. [Quran 33: 7]
Some of their characteristics:
73. And We made them leaders, guiding (mankind) by Our Command, and We revealed to them the doing of good deeds, performing prayer, and the giving of Zakât (charity) and of Us (Alone) they were the worshippers. [Quran 21: 73]
85. And (remember) Ishmael, and Enoch and Isaiah: all were from among the patient. 86. And We admitted them to Our Mercy. Verily, they were of the righteous. [Quran 21: 85-86]
90. Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds, and they used to call on Us with hope and fear, and used to humble themselves before Us. [Quran 21: 90]
58. Those were they unto whom Allah bestowed His Grace from among the Prophets, of the offspring of Adam, and of those whom We carried (in the ship) with Noah, and of the offspring of Abraham and Israel, and from among those whom We guided and chose. When the Verses of the Most Gracious (Allah) were recited unto them, they fell down prostrate and weeping. [Quran 19: 58]
128. Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger (Muhammad) from amongst yourselves. It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty. He is anxious over you; for the believer, full of pity, kind, and merciful. [Quran 9: 128]
Author : Hamad Saleh Al-Hoqail
- Don’t be sad
- Looking for God? Get Reasonable!
- Is There a True Religion?
- Understanding Islam
- Discovering the Truth
- World’s Best Travel Destination in 200 Countries