International student funding
McGill recognises the challenges International students can face when studying away from home. The Scholarships and Student Aid Office is committed to ensuring that qualified students from any geographic region are financially supported in their goals to enter and complete academic programs at the University. This page points to the various funding opportunities that will help support these goals.
McGill Scholarships & Awards
Newly admitted undergraduate students can apply to McGill’s Entrance Scholarship Program. In-course award programs for undergraduate students currently studying at McGill fall under individual faculty jurisdiction as do those for graduate students.
Please visit McGill’s publications site for various program calendars that provide comprehensive listings and information on awards.
McGill Financial Aid
The Scholarships and Student Aid Office administers need-based Financial Aid Programs for future and current undergraduates as well as current graduate students from Canada, US, and abroad. Our programs offer modest loans and bursaries to students in need of supplemental financial assistance. Other services we offer include:
- Tuition Payment Deferrals: useful for International students experiencing delays in their funding transfers
- Work Study Program: for on-campus job opportunities
- Emergency loans: for unforeseen circumstances
- Frugal Scholar Money Management Program: financial planning, debt management and educational costs
- Our Other Aid and Awards page provides information on additional funding opportunities offered by sources both inside and outside McGill
- The Desautels Faculty of Management provides a list of international funding sites organized by country
- Students who would like information on how to opt out of certain fees should consult McGill’s Student Accounts website (search engine >”opt out”)
PBEEE – Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students
This award, for students enrolled in Graduate and Postdoctoral studies, is open only to international candidates who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. Candidates must not have applied for permanent residency. Most notably, it is the only award of its type that permits international students to maintain eligibility for subsidized daycare in Quebec! More information can be found on the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies site.
Source : https://www.mcgill.ca/
Let’s share as alms …