How do we know that he is really a messenger of Allah? The messenger before him, Jesus, peace be upon him, gave glad tidings of him, and if he was not a messenger Jesus would have warned people about him instead.
6. And (remember) when Jesus, son of Mary, said: “O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah unto you, confirming the Torah before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad [Muhammad] But when he came to them with clear proofs, they said: “This is plain magic.” [Quran 61: 6]
157. Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write, whose name they find written with them in the Torah [Deut, xviii 15] and the Gospel [John xiv, 16], he commands them to al-Ma‘rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm has ordained); and forbids them from al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds, and all that Islâm has forbidden); he allows them as lawful al-Tayyibât (i.e. all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods), and prohibits them as unlawful al-Khabâ’ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), he releases them from their heavy burdens (of Allah’s Covenant with the children of Israel), and from the fetters (bindings) that were upon them. So those who believe in him (Muhammad), honour him, help him, and follow the light (the Qur’ân) which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful. [Quran 7: 157]
And Allah took the covenant from all prophets before him to follow and support him when sent.
81. And (remember) when Allah took the Covenant of the Prophets, saying: “Take whatever I gave you from the Book and Wisdom, and afterwards there will come to you a Messenger confirming what is with you; you must, then, believe in him and help him.” Allah said: “Do you agree (to it) and will you take up My Covenant (which I conclude with you)?” They said: “We agree.” He said: “Then bear witness; and I am with you among the witnesses (for this).” [Quran 3: 81]
Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) informed us about previous nations, unseen and future matters that were unknown by his people and there is no way for a human to know but by revelation especially when we know the fact that he was unable to read or write.
44. This is a part of the news of the unseen which We reveal to you (O Muhammad). You were not with them, when they cast lots with their pens as to which of them should be charged with the care of Mary; nor were you with them when they disputed. [Quran 3: 44]
49. This is of the news of the Unseen which We reveal unto you (O Muhammad); neither you nor your people knew it before this. So be patient. Surely, the (good) end is for the pious. [Quran 11: 49]
102. That is of the news of the unseen which We reveal to you (O Muhammad). You were not (present) with them when they arranged their plan together, and (while) they were plotting. [Quran 12: 102]
100. That is some of the news of the (population of) towns which We relate unto you (O Muhammad); of them, some are (still) standing, and some have been (already) reaped. [Quran 11: 100]
99. Thus We relate to you (O Muhammad) some information of what happened before. And indeed We have given you from Us a Reminder (this Qur’ân). [Quran 20: 99]
44. And you (O Muhammad) were not on the western side (of the Mount), when We made clear to Moses the commandment, and you were not among the witnesses.
45. But We created generations, and long were the ages that passed over them. And you (O Muhammad) were not a dweller among the people of Madyan, reciting Our Verses to them. But it is We Who kept sending (Messengers). 46. And you (O Muhammad) were not at the side of [Mount] Tûr when We did call. But (you are sent) as a mercy from your Lord, to give warning to a people to whom no warner had come before you: in order that they may remember or receive admonition. [Quran 28: 44-46]
3. We relate unto you (Muhammad) the best of stories through Our Revelations unto you, of this Qur’ân. And before this, you were among those who knew nothing about it (the Qur’ân). [Quran 12: 3]
52. And thus We have sent to you (O Muhammad) Ruh (a Revelation, and a Mercy) of Our Command. You knew not what is the Book, nor what is Faith? But We have made it a light whereby We guide whom We will of Our bondmen. And lo! you verily do guide unto a right path.
53. The Path of Allah to Whom belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. Verily, all matters at the end go to Allah (for decision). [Quran 42: 52-53]
45. Their multitude will be put to flight, and they will show their backs. [Quran 54: 45]
55. Allah has promised those among you who believe and do righteous good deeds, that He will certainly grant them succession to (the present rulers) in the land, as He granted it to those before them, and that He will grant them the authority to practice their religion which He has chosen for them. And He will surely give them in exchange a safe security after their fear (provided) they (believers) worship Me and do not associate anything (in worship) with Me. But whoever disbelieves after this, they are the Fâsiqûn (rebellious, disobedient to Allah). [Quran 24: 55]
This is what happened later where Islam spread widely and his followers (believers) were empowered.
32. They want to extinguish Allah’s Light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow except that His Light should be perfected even though the disbelievers hate (it). 33. It is He Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth, to make it superior over all religions even though thepolytheists hate (it). [Quran 9: 32-33]
25. Truly Allah has given you victory on many battle fields. [Quran 9: 25]
40. If you help him (Muhammad) not (it does not matter), for Allah did indeed help him when the disbelievers drove him out, the second of the two; when they were in the cave, he said to his companion (Abu Bakr): “Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allah is with us.” Then Allah sent down His tranquility upon him, and strengthened him with forces (angels) which you saw not, and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowermost, while the Word of Allah that became the uppermost; and Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise. [Quran 9: 40]
33. It is He Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth, to make it superior over all religions even though the polytheists hate (it). [Quran 9: 33]
28. He it is Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâm), that He may make it (Islâm) superior to all religions. And All-Sufficient is Allah as a Witness. [Quran 48: 28]
9. He it is Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to make it victorious over all (other) religions even though the polytheists hate (it). [Quran 61: 9]
This is what happened. Allah gave him victory over his opponents and enemies and spread his religion. As a matter of fact, a quarter or more of the world population are Muslims and the fastest growing religion nowadays is Islam.
94. Say to (them): “If the home of the Hereafter with Allah is indeed for you specially and not for others, of mankind, then long for death if you are truthful.”
95. But they will never long for it because of what their hands have sent before them. And Allah is All-Aware of the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers). [Quran 2: 94-95]
No one of those dared to wish death. However, they can do so to make people think that Prophet Muhammad is a liar but the astonishing fact that none of them did.
1. Perish the two hands of Abû Lahab (an opponent and uncle of the Prophet) and perish he!
2. His wealth and his children will not benefit him!
3. He will be burnt in a Fire of blazing flames! 4. And his wife, too, who carries wood. 5. In her neck is a twisted rope of palm fibre.” [Quran 111: 1-5]
This man, Abu Lahab, and his wife were among the toughest enemies of the prophet. They could have – even falsely – claimed Islam so they could tell people “Look ! we embraced Islam so we will not enter Hell as claimed by Muhammed.” But amazingly this never happened.
Allah gave him many signs and miracles to prove his prophethood.
1. The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder. [Quran 54: 1]
And the people of that time saw this miracle of the moon splitting and none of his enemies dared to deny this or accuse him of lying although they would have liked to do so.
Each prophet presents his people with miracles that suit their field of expertise so as to assure them that this cannot be done by a human without the Allah’s help. Prophet Moses –peace be upon him- came with the stick that became a snake which swallowed all of Pharaoh’s magicians work so they believed in him because they had no doubt that this is beyond human capability.
Jesus –peace be upon him – came to a people who were knowledgeable in medicine so he came with medical miracles which were impossible for a human to come up with unless by revelation by God, like bringing the dead back to life. For the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), he came to eloquent people who used to compete in fluency in the language. Therefore, the greatest miracle Allah gave him is the holy book, “The Quran”. He challenged his people to come up with a single verse similar to it but they failed to do so and this challenge is still valid until the day of resurrection.
106. And (it is) a Qur’ân which We have divided (into parts), in order that you might recite it to people at intervals. And We have revealed it in stages (in 23 years). [Quran 17: 106]
82. Do they not then consider the Qur’ân carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein many a contradiction. [Quran 4: 82]
15. And when Our clear Verses are recited unto them, those who hope not for their meeting with Us, say: “Bring us a Qur’ân other than this, or change it.” Say (O Muhammad): “It is not for me to change it on my own accord; I only follow that which is revealed unto me. Verily, I fear the torment of the Great Day if I were to disobey my Lord.” [Quran 10: 15]
37. And this Qur’ân is not such as could ever be produced by other than Allah (Lord of the heavens and the earth), but it is a confirmation of (the revelation) which was before i , and a full explanation of the Book, wherein there is no doubt, from the Lord of the worlds.
38. Or do they say: “He (Muhammad) has forged it?” Say: “Bring then a chapter like unto it, and call upon whomsoever you can besides Allah, if you are truthful!”
39. Nay, they have belied the knowledge whereof they could not comprehend and what has not yet been fulfilled (i.e. their punishment). Thus those before them did belie. Then see what was the end of the wrong-doers! [Quran 10: 37-39]
87. And indeed, We have bestowed upon you seven of Al-Mathâni (seven repeatedly recited Verses), (i.e. Sûrat Al-Fâtihah) and the Grand Qur’ân. [Quran 15: 87]
88. Say: “If the mankind and the jinn were together to produce the like of this Qur’ân, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they helped one another.” [Quran 17: 88]
82. And We send down of the Qur’ân that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe, and it increases the wrong-doers nothing but loss. [Quran 17: 82]
89. And indeed We have fully explained to mankind, in this Qur’ân, every kind of similitude, but most of mankind refuse (the truth and accept nothing) but disbelief. [Quran 17: 89]
76. Verily, this Qur’ân narrates to the Children of Israel most of that in which they differ. [Quran 27: 76]
27. And indeed We have put forth for people, in this Qur’ân every kind of similitude in order that they may remember. [Quran 39: 27]
114. [Say (O Muhammad)] “Shall I seek a judge other than Allah while it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book, explained in detail.” Those unto whom We gave the Scripture know that it is revealed from your Lord in truth. So be not you of those who doubt. [Quran 6: 114]
77. That (this) is indeed an honorable recitation (the Noble Qur’ân).
78. In a Book well-guarded (with Allah in the heaven i.e. Al-Lauh Al-Mahfûz ). [Quran 56: 77-78]
21. Nay! This is a Glorious Qur’ân. 22. (Inscribed) in Al-Lauh Al-Mahfûz (The Preserved Tablet)! [Quran 85: 21-22]
13. Or they say, “He (Prophet Muhammad) forged it (the Qur’an).” Say: “Bring you then ten forged chapters like unto it, and call whomsoever you can, other than Allah (to your help), if you speak the truth!” [Quran 11: 13]
23. And if you are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Qur’ân) to Our slave (Muhammad -peace be upon him-), then produce a Sûrah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allah, if you are truthful. [Quran 2: 23]
No one writes a book then tell others, “look at my book, it has no mistakes and it contains authentic information without a doubt, and I challenge you to bring something like it.” Rather, an author asks their readers to contact them regarding any mistakes so they can be taken into account in future editions. But read what Allah said about His Holy book the Quran.
2. This is the Book (the Qur’ân), whereof there is no doubt. [Quran 2: 2]
41. Verily, those who disbelieved in the Reminder (i.e. the Qur’ân) when it came to them (shall receive the punishment). And verily, it is an honorable well-fortified respected Book (because it is Allah’s Speech, and He has protected it from corruption. 42. Falsehood cannot come to it from before it or behind it: (it is) sent down by the All-Wise, Worthy of all praise (Allah). [Quran 41: 41-42]
If you read a book two or three times you often get bored and sometimes fed up. However, as far as the Quran is concerned, the matter is completely different. Millions of people recite the Quran hundreds of times, and a great number of them even memorise it – but amazingly they do not get bored. Each time they read and recite they feel as if they are reading it for the first time. They find deeper a meaning, a new understanding and a new renewed taste. You will not feel this until you try it. This is not the case with other book. The Qur’an is essentiall the speech of God, and this phenomenon clearly demonstrates the miraculous nature of the Quran and its divine origin.
Actually what you have been reading are excerpts from the holy book, the Quran, in its original language Arabic and its meaning translated into English.
The honesty and veracity of the Prophet is evident.
44. And if he (Muhammad -peace be upon him) had forged a false saying concerning Us.
45. We surely would have seized him by his right hand (or with power and might).
46. And then We certainly would have cut off his life artery (aorta).
47. And none of you could have withheld Us from (punishing) him.
48. And verily, this (Qur’an) is a Reminder for the pious.
49. And verily, We know that there are some among you that belie (this Qur’ân).
50. And indeed it (this Qur’ân) will be an anguish for the disbelievers (on the Day of Resurrection).
51. And verily, it (this Qur’ân) is an absolute truth with certainty.
52. So glorify the Name of your Lord, the Most Great. [Quran 69: 44-52]
24. Or say they: “He has invented a lie against Allah?” If Allah willed, He could have sealed up your heart. And Allah wipes out falsehood, and establishes the truth by His Word. Verily, He knows well what (secrets) are in the chests (of mankind). [Quran 42: 24]
43. And those who disbelieved, say: “You (O Muhammad) are not a Messenger.” Say: “Sufficient as a witness between me and you is Allah and those too who have knowledge of the Scripture.” [Quran 13: 43]
Author : Hamad Saleh Al-Hoqail
- This Is Mohammad
- Don’t be sad
- Looking for God? Get Reasonable!
- Is There a True Religion?
- Understanding Islam
- Discovering the Truth
- The Holy Quran English Pdf
- World’s Best Travel Destination in 200 Countries