What does our Creator want us to do? Why has he created us? Why are we here?
Out of His concern and divine wisdom, he answered these questions for us.
78. And Allah has brought you out from the wombs of your mothers while you know nothing. And He gave you hearing, sight, and hearts that you might give thanks (to Allah). [Quran 16: 78]
78. It is He Who has created for you hearing, eyes, and hearts. Little thanks you give. [Quran 23: 78]
23. Say it is He Who has created you, and endowed you with hearing and seeing, and hearts. Little thanks you give. [Quran 67: 23]
162. Say (O Muhammad): “Verily, my prayer, my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the worlds.” 163. “He has no partner. And of this I have been commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims.”
164. Say: “Shall I seek a lord other than Allah, while He is the Lord of all things? No person earns any (sin) except against himself (only), and no bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another. Then unto your Lord is your return, so He will tell you that wherein you have been differing.” [Quran 6: 162-164]
92. Truly! This, your religion, is one religion, and I am your Lord, therefore worship Me. [Quran 21: 92]
52. And verily this, your religion, is one religion, and I am your Lord, so fear (keep your duty to) Me. [Quran 23: 52]
65. Say (O Muhammad): “I am only a warner and there is no god except Allah, the One, the Irresistible, 66. “The Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving.” [Quran 38: 65-66]
65. Lord of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, so worship Him and be constant and patient in His worship. Do you know of any who is similar to Him? [Quran 19: 65]
3. Surely, your Lord is Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days and then rose over (Istawâ ) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty), disposing the affair of all things. No intercessor (can plead with Him) except after His Leave. That is Allah, your Lord; so worship Him. Then, will you not remember? 4. To Him is the return of all of you. The Promise of Allah is true. It is He Who begins the creation and then will repeat it, that He may reward with justice those who believed and did deeds of righteousness. But those who disbelieved will have a drink of boiling fluids and painful torment because they used to disbelieve. 5. It is He Who made the sun a shining thing and the moon as a light and measured out for it stages that you might know the number of years and the reckoning. Allah did not create this but in truth. He explains the signs in detail for people who have knowledge. 6. Verily, in the alternation of the night and the day and in all that Allah has created in the heavens and the earth are signs for those people who keep their duty to Allah, and fear Him much.
7. Verily, those who hope not for their meeting with Us, but are pleased and satisfied with the life of the present world, and those who are heedless of Our signs. 8. Those, their abode will be the Fire, because of what they used to earn. 9. Verily, those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, their Lord will guide them through their Faith; under them will flow rivers in the Gardens of Delight. 10. Their way of request therein will be glory to You, O Allah! And peace will be their greetings therein! and the close of their request will be: all the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds. [Quran 10: 3-10]
95. Verily! It is Allah Who causes the seed-grain and the fruit-stone to split and sprout. He brings forth the living from the dead, and it is He Who brings forth the dead from the living. Such is Allah, then how are you deluded away from the truth? 96. (He is the) Cleaver of the daybreak. He has appointed the night for resting, and the sun and the moon for reckoning. Such is the measuring of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing. 97. It is He Who has set the stars for you, so that you may guide your course with their help through the darkness of the land and the sea. We have (indeed) explained in detail Our signs for people who know.
98. It is He Who has created you from a single person (Adam), and has given you a place of residing (on the earth or in your mother’s wombs) and a place of storage. Indeed, We have explained in detail Our revelations for people who understand. 99. It is He Who sends down water from the sky, and with it We bring forth vegetation of all kinds, and out of it We bring forth green stalks, from which We bring forth thick clustered grain. And out of the date-palm and its spathe come forth clusters of dates hanging low and near, and gardens of grapes, olives and pomegranates, each similar (in kind) yet different (in variety and taste). Look at their fruits when they begin to bear, and the ripeness thereof. Verily! In these things there are signs for people who believe. 100. Yet, they join the jinn as partners in worship with Allah, though He has created them (the jinn); and they attribute falsely without knowledge sons and daughters to Him. Be He Glorified and Exalted above all that they attribute to Him.
101. He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. How can He have children when He has no wife? He created all things and He is the All-Knower of everything
102. Such is Allah, your Lord! Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Creator of all things. So worship Him (Alone), and He is the Wakîl (Trustee, Disposer of affairs, Guardian) over all things. [Quran 6: 95-102]
61. Allah, it is He Who has made the night for you that you may rest therein and the day for you to see. Truly, Allah is full of Bounty to mankind; yet, most of mankind give no thanks.
62. That is Allah, your Lord, the Creator of all things: Lâ ilâha illâ Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). How then are you turning away (from Allah, by worshipping others instead of Him)? [Quran 40: 61-62]
31. Say (O Muhammad): “Who provides for you from the sky and the earth? Or who owns hearing and sight? And who brings out the living from the dead and brings out the dead from the living? And who disposes the affairs?” They will say: “Allah.” Say: “Will you not then be afraid of Allah’s punishment?” 32. Such is Allah, your Lord in truth. So after the truth, what else can there be, save error? How then are you turned away? [Quran 10: 31-32]
21. O mankind! Worship your Lord, Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become the pious. 22. Who has made the earth a resting place for you, and the sky as a canopy, and sent down water from the sky and brought forth therewith fruits as a provision for you. Then do not set up rivals unto Allah (in worship) while you know (that He Alone has the right to be worshipped). [Quran 2: 21-22]
59. Say (O Muhammad): “Praise and thanks be to Allah, and peace be on His slaves whom He has chosen (for His Message)! Is Allah better, or (all) that you ascribe as partners (to Him)?” 60. Is not He (better than your gods) Who created the heavens and the earth, and sends down for you water from the sky, whereby We cause to grow wonderful gardens full of beauty and delight? It is not in your ability to cause the growth of their trees. Is there any god with Allah? Nay, but they are a people who ascribe equals (to Him)! 61. Is not He (better than your gods) Who has made the earth as a fixed abode, and has placed rivers in its midst, and has placed firm mountains therein, and has set a barrier between the two seas (of salt and sweet water)? Is there any god with Allah? Nay, but most of them know not! 62. Is not He (better than your gods) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls on Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations? Is there any god with Allah? Little is that you remember!
63. Is not He (better than your gods) Who guides you in the darkness of the land and the sea, and Who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His Mercy (rain)? Is there any god with Allah? High Exalted be Allah above all that they associate as partners (to Him)!
64. Is not He (better than your so-called gods) Who originates creation, and shall thereafter repeat it, and Who provides for you from heaven and earth? Is there any god with Allah? Say: “Bring forth your proofs, if you are truthful.” [Quran 27: 59-64]
19. Say (O Muhammad): “What thing is the most great in witness?” Say: “Allah (the Most Great!) is Witness between me and you; this Qur’ân has been revealed to me that I may therewith warn you and whomsoever it may reach. Can you verily bear witness that besides Allah there are other gods?” Say “I bear no (such) witness!” Say: “But in truth He (Allah) is the only one God. And truly I am innocent of what you join in worship with Him.” [Quran 6: 19]
163. And your God is One God – Allah, Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He), the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
164. Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, and the ships which sail through the sea with that which is of use to mankind, and the water which Allah sends down from the sky and makes the earth alive therewith after its death, and the moving (living) creatures of all kinds that He has scattered therein, and in the veering of winds and clouds which are held between the sky and the earth, are indeed signs for people of understanding. [Quran 2: 163-164]
75. He said: “Do you observe that which you have been worshipping –
76. “You and your ancient fathers? 77. “Verily they are enemies to me, save the Lord of the worlds, 78. “Who has created me, and it is He Who guides me. 79. “And it is He Who feeds me and gives me to drink. 80. “And when I am ill, it is He who cures me. 81. “And Who will cause me to die, and then will bring me to life (again). 82. “And Who, I hope, will forgive me my faults on the Day of Recompense. [Quran 26: 75-82]
1. All praises and thanks be to Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth, and originated the darkness and the light; yet those who disbelieve hold others as equal with their Lord. 2. He it is Who has created you from clay, and then has decreed a (stated) term (for you to die). And there is with Him another determined term (for you to be resurrected), yet you doubt (in the Resurrection). 3. And He is Allah (to be worshipped Alone) in the heavens and on the earth; He knows what you conceal and what you reveal, and He knows what you earn. 4. And never an sign comes to them from the signs of their Lord, but that they have been turning away from it. 5. Indeed, they rejected the truth when it came to them, but there will come to them the news of that (the torment) which they used to mock at. 6. Have they not seen how many a generation before them We have destroyed whom We had established on the earth such as We have not established you? And We poured out on them rain from the sky in abundance, and made the rivers flow under them. Yet We destroyed them for their sins, and We created after them other generations. [Quran 6: 1-6]
54. Indeed your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in Six Days, and then He rose over (Istawâ) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). He brings the night as a cover over the day, seeking it rapidly, and (He created) the sun, the moon, the stars subjected to His Command. Surely, His is the Creation and Commandment. Blessed is Allah, the Lord of the worlds! 55. Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret. He likes not the aggressors.
56. And do not do mischief on the earth, after it has been set in order, and invoke Him with fear and hope. Surely, Allah’s Mercy is (ever) near unto the good-doers. [Quran 7: 54-56]
49. Pharaoh said: “Who then, O Moses, is the Lord of you two?” 50. [Moses] said: “Our Lord is He Who gave to each thing its form and nature, then guided it aright.” 51. [Pharaoh] said: “What about the generations of old?”
52. [Moses] said: “The knowledge thereof is with my Lord, in a Record. My Lord neither errs nor He forgets.” 53. Who has made earth for you like a bed (spread out); and has opened roads for you therein, and has sent down water from the sky. And We have brought forth with it various kinds of vegetation. 54. Eat and pasture your cattle (therein); verily, in this are signs for men of understanding. [Quran 20: 49-54]
4. Allah it is He Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them in six Days. Then He rose over (Istawâ ) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). You (mankind) have none, besides Him, as a Walî (protector or helper) or an intercessor. Will you not then remember (or receive admonition)? 5. He manages and regulates (every) affair from the heavens to the earth; then it (affair) will go up to Him, in one Day, the space whereof is a thousand years of your reckoning (i.e. reckoning of our present world’s time). 6. That is He: the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen, the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful. 7. Who made everything He has created good and He began the creation of man from clay.
8. Then He made his offspring from semen of despised water (male and female sexual discharge). 9. Then He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him the soul (created by Allah for that person); and He gave you hearing (ears), sight (eyes) and hearts. Little is the thanks you give! [Quran 32: 4-9]
2. Verily We have sent down the Book to you (O Muhammad) in truth: So worship Allah by doing religious deeds sincerely for Allah’s sake only.
3. Surely the religion is for Allah only. And those who take protectors besides Him (say): “We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allah.” Verily Allah will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Truly, Allah guides not him who is a liar, and a disbeliever.
4. Had Allah willed to take a son, He could have chosen whom He willed out of those whom He created. But glory be to Him! (He is above such things). He is Allah, the One, the Irresistible. 5. He has created the heavens and the earth with truth. He makes the night to go in the day and makes the day to go in the night. And He has subjected the sun and the moon. Each running (on a fixed course) for an appointed term. Verily, He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving.
6. He created you (all) from a single person (Adam); then made from him his wife. And He has sent down for you of cattle eight pairs. He creates you in the wombs of your mothers: creation after creation in three veils of darkness. Such is Allah your Lord. His is the kingdom. Lâ ilâha illâ Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). How then are you turned away? 7. If you disbelieve, then verily, Allah is not in need of you; He likes not disbelief for His slaves. And if you are grateful (by being believers), He is pleased therewith for you. No bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another. Then to your Lord is your return, and He will inform you what you used to do. Verily, He is the All-Knower of that which is in chests. [Quran 39: 2-7]
13. What is the matter with you, that [you fear not Allah (His punishment), and] you hope not for reward (from Allah or you believe not in His Oneness). 14. While He has created you in (different) stages. 15. See you not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another?
16. And has made the moon a light therein, and made the sun a lamp? 17. And Allah has brought you forth from the (dust of) earth?
18. Afterwards He will return you into it (the earth), and bring you forth (again on the Day of Resurrection)? 19. And Allah has made for you the earth a wide expanse. 20. That you may go about therein in broad roads. [Quran 71: 13-20]
22. “And why should I not worship Him Who has created me and to Whom you shall be returned.
23. “Shall I take besides Him gods? If the Most Gracious intends me any harm, their intercession will be of no use for me whatsoever, nor can they save me? 24. “Then verily, I should be in plain error. [Quran 36: 22-24]
61. And to Thamûd (We sent) their brother Sâlih. He said: “O my people! Worship Allah: you have no other god but Him. He brought you forth from the earth and settled you therein, then ask forgiveness of Him and turn to Him in repentance. Certainly, my Lord is Near (to all by His Knowledge), Responsive.” [Quran 11: 61]
37. His companion said to him during the talk with him: “Do you disbelieve in Him Who created you out of dust (i.e. your father Adam), then out of sperm-drop, then fashioned you into a man?” 38. “But as for my part, (I believe) that He is Allah, my Lord, and none shall I associate as partner with my Lord.” [Quran 18: 37-38]
37. And from among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Prostrate yourselves not to the sun nor to the moon, but prostrate yourselves to Allah Who created them, if you worship Him. [Quran 41: 37]
9. Has not the news reached you, of those before you, the people of Noah, and ‘Âd, and Thamûd? And those after them? None knows them but Allah. To them came their Messengers with clear proofs, but they put their hands in their mouths (biting them from anger) and said: “Verily, we disbelieve in that with which you have been sent, and we are really in grave doubt as to that to which you invite us.” 10. Their Messengers said: “What! Can there be a doubt about Allah, the Creator of the heavens and the earth? He calls you that He may forgive you of your sins and give you respite for a term appointed.” They said: “You are no more than human beings like us! You wish to turn us away from what our fathers used to worship. Then bring us a clear authority.” [Quran 14: 9-10]
104. Say (O Muhammad -peace be upon him-): “O you mankind! If you are in doubt as to my religion (Islâm), then (know that) I will never worship those whom you worship besides Allah. But I worship Allah Who causes you to die, and I am commanded to be one of the believers. ” 105. And, (O Muhammad) set your purpose resolutely for religion, as a man by nature upright, and be not of those who ascribe partners (to Allah). 106. And invoke not besides Allah, any such that will neither profit you nor harm you, but if (in case) you did so, you shall certainly be one of the polytheists. [Quran 10: 104-106]
3. O mankind! Remember the Grace of Allah upon you! Is there any creator other than Allah who provides for you from the sky and the earth? Lâ ilâha illâ Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). How then are you turning away (from Him)? [Quran 35: 3]
83. They recognise the Grace of Allah, yet they deny it and most of them are disbelievers. [Quran 16: 83]
65. Lord of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, so worship Him (Alone) and be constant and patient in His worship. Do you know of any who is similar to Him? (of course none is similar or co-equal or comparable to Him, and He has none as partner with Him). [Quran 19: 65]
98. Your God is only Allah, (the One) Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). He has full knowledge of all things. [Quran 20: 98]
65. Say (O Muhammad -peace be upon him-): “I am only a warner and there is no God except Allah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah) the One, the Irresistible, 66. “The Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving.” [Quran 38: 65-66]
3. Yet they have taken besides Him other gods who created nothing but are themselves created, and possess neither harm nor benefit for themselves, and possess no power (of causing) death, nor (of giving) life, nor of raising the dead. [Quran 25: 3]
16. Say (O Muhammad): “Who is the Lord of the heavens and the earth?” Say: “(It is) Allah.” Say: “Have you then taken (for worship) protectors other than Him, such as have no power either for benefit or for harm to themselves?” Say: “Is the blind equal to the one who sees? Or darkness equal to light? Or do they assign to Allah partners who created the like of His creation, so that the creation (which they made and His creation) seemed alike to them?” Say: “Allah is the Creator of all things; and He is the One, the Irresistible.” 17. He sends down water (rain) from the sky, and the valleys flow according to their measure, but the flood bears away the foam that mounts up to the surface – and (also) from that (ore) which they heat in the fire in order to make ornaments or utensils, rises a foam like unto it, thus does Allah (by parables) show forth truth and falsehood. Then, as for the foam it passes away as scum upon the banks, while that which is for the good of mankind remains in the earth. Thus Allah sets forth parables. [Quran 13: 16-17]
40. Say (O Muhammad): “Tell me or inform me (what) do you think about your (so-called) partner-gods to whom you call upon besides Allah? Show me, what they have created of the earth. Or have they any share in the heavens? Or have We given them a Book, so that they act on clear proof therefrom? Nay, the wrong-doers promise one another nothing but delusions.” 41. Verily! Allah grasps the heavens and the earth lest they should move away from their places, and if they were to move away from their places, there is not one that could grasp them after Him. Truly, He is Ever Most Forbearing, Oft-Forgiving. [Quran 35: 40-41]
34. Say: “Is there of your (Allah’s called) partners one that originates the creation and then repeats it?” Say: “Allah originates the creation and then He repeats it. Then how are you deluded away (from the truth)?” 35. Say: “Is there of your (Allah’s so-called) partners one that guides to the truth?” Say: “It is Allah Who guides to the truth. Is then He Who guides to the truth more worthy to be followed, or he who finds not guidance (himself) unless he is guided? Then, what is the matter with you? How judge you?”
36. And most of them follow nothing but conjecture. Certainly, conjecture can be of no avail against the truth. Surely, Allah is All-Aware of what they do. [Quran 10: 34-36]
22. Say: (O Muhammad) Call upon those whom you assert (to be associate gods) besides Allah, they possess not even an atom’s (or a small ant’s) weight either in the heavens or on the earth, nor have they any share in either, nor there is for Him any supporter from among them. [Quran 34: 22]
13. He merges the night into the, and He merges the day into the night. And He has subjected the sun and the moon: each runs its course for a term appointed. Such is Allah, your Lord; His is the kingdom. And those, whom you call upon instead of Him, own not even a Qitmîr (thin membrane over the date-stone).
14. If you invoke them, they hear not your call; and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them. And none can inform you (O Muhammad) like Him Who is the All-Knower (of everything).
15. O mankind! it is you who stand in need of Allah. But Allah is Rich (Free of all needs), Worthy of all praise. 16. If He willed, He could destroy you and bring about a new creation. 17. And that is not hard for Allah. [Quran 35: 13-17]
16. Say (O Muhammad): “Who is the Lord of the heavens and the earth?” Say: “(He is) Allah.” Say: “Have you then taken (for worship) protectors other than Him, such as have no power either for benefit or for harm to themselves?” Say: “Is the blind equal to the one who sees? Or darkness equal to light? Or do they assign to Allah partners who created the like of His creation, so that the creation seemed alike to them?” Say: “Allah is the Creator of all things; and He is the One, the Irresistible.” [Quran 13: 16]
66. [Abraham] said: “Do you then worship besides Allah, things that can neither profit you, nor harm you? 67. “Fie upon you, and upon that which you worship besides Allah! Have you then no sense?” [Quran 21: 66-67]
76. Say (O Muhammad): “How do you worship besides Allah something which has no power either to harm or benefit you? But it is Allah Who is the All-Hearer, All-Knower.” [Quran 5: 76]
73. And they worship others besides Allah – such as do not and cannot own any provision for them from the heavens or the earth. [Quran 16: 73]
17. “You worship besides Allah only idols, and you only invent falsehood. Verily, those whom you worship besides Allah have no power to give you provision: so seek your provision from Allah, and worship Him, and be grateful to Him. To Him you will be brought back. [Quran 29: 17]
40. Allah is He Who created you, then provided food for you, then will cause you to die, then (again) He will give you life (on the Day of Resurrection). Is there any of your (so-called) partners (of Allah) that do anything of that? Glory be to Him! And Exalted be He above all that (evil) they associate (with Him). [Quran 30: 40]
56. And I (Allah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me. [Quran 51: 56]
44. The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein praise Him, and there is not a thing but hymneth His praise; but you understand not their praise. Lo! He is ever Clement, Forgiving. [Quran 17: 44]
13. The thunder hymneth His praise and (so do) the angels for awe of Him. He launcheth the thunder-bolts and smiteth with them whom He will while they dispute (in doubt) concerning Allah, and He is mighty in wrath.
14. Unto Him is the real prayer. Those unto whom they pray beside Allah respond to them not at all, save as who stretcheth forth his hands towards water (asking) that it may come unto his mouth, and it will never reach it. The prayer of disbelievers goeth (far) astray.
15. And unto Allah falleth prostrate whosoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, as do their shadows in the morning and the evening hours. [Quran 13: 13-15]
48. Have they not observed all things that Allah hath created, how their shadows incline to the right and to the left, making prostration unto Allah, and they are lowly?
49. And unto Allah maketh prostration whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth of living creatures, and the angels (also) and they are not proud.
50. They fear their Lord above them, and do what they are bidden. [Quran 16: 48-50]
18. Hast thou not seen that unto Allah payeth adoration whosoever is in the heavens and whosoever is in the earth, and the sun, and the moon, and the stars, and the hills, and the trees, and the beasts, and many of mankind, while there are many unto whom the doom is justly due. He whom Allah scorneth, there is none to give him honour. Lo! Allah doeth what He will. [Quran 22: 18]
Author : Hamad Saleh Al-Hoqail
- World’s Best Travel Destination in 200 Countries
- Don’t be sad
- Looking for God? Get Reasonable!
- Is There a True Religion?
- Understanding Islam
- Discovering the Truth