183. O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous.
184. [Fasting for] a limited number of days. So whoever among you is ill or on a journey [during them] – then an equal number of days [are to be made up]. And upon those who are able [to fast, but with hardship] – a ransom [as substitute] of feeding a poor person [each day]. And whoever volunteers excess – it is better for him. But to fast is best for you, if you only knew.
185. The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur’an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey – then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful.
[Quran 2: 183-185]
Author : Hamad Saleh Al-Hoqail
- This Is Muhammad
- Don’t be sad
- Looking for God? Get Reasonable!
- Is There a True Religion?
- Understanding Islam
- Discovering the Truth
- World’s Best Travel Destination in 200 Countries