The Prophet Muhammad – peace and blessings be upon him – called to the same things that prophets before him called to. That is to submit to Allah only (Islam) and to perform good deeds and manners that benefit mankind in the life now and later after death.
He called to the worship of Allah alone.
151. Say (O Muhammad): “Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with Him; be good and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty – We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not near to shameful actions, whether committed openly or secretly; and kill not anyone whom Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause. This He has commanded you so that you may understand. [Quran 6: 151]
33. Say (O Muhammad): “(But) the things that my Lord has indeed forbidden are shameful actions whether committed openly or secretly, sins (of all kinds), unrighteous oppression, joining partners (in worship) with Allah for which He has given no authority, and saying things about Allah of which you have no knowledge.” [Quran 7: 33]
5. And they were commanded not, but that they should worship Allah, and worship none but Him Alone, and perform prayer and give Zakât (obligatory charity), and that is the right religion. [Quran 98: 5]
90. Indeed, Allah orders justice and good conduct and giving to relatives and forbids immorality and bad conduct and oppression. He admonishes you that perhaps you will be reminded. 91. And fulfill the covenant of Allah when you have taken it, [O believers], and do not break oaths after their confirmation while you have made Allah, over you, a witness. Indeed, Allah knows what you do. [Quran 16: 90-91]
1. All praises and thanks be to Allah, Who (Alone) created the heavens and the earth, and originated the darkness and the light; yet those who disbelieve hold others as equal with their Lord. 2. He is Who has created you from clay, and then has decreed a (stated) term (for you to die). And there is with Him another determined term (for you to be resurrected), yet you doubt (in the Resurrection). 3. And He is Allah (to be worshipped Alone) in the heavens and on the earth; He knows what you conceal and what you reveal, and He knows what you earn (good or bad). [Quran 6: 1-3]
12. Say, “To whom belongs whatever is in the heavens and earth?” Say, “To Allah .” He has decreed upon Himself mercy. He will surely assemble you for the Day of Resurrection, about which there is no doubt. Those who will lose themselves [that Day] do not believe. [Quran 6: 12]
13. And to Him belongs that which reposes by night and by day, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
14. Say, “Is it other than Allah I should take as a protector, Creator of the heavens and the earth, while it is He who feeds and is not fed?” Say, [O Muhammad], “Indeed, I have been commanded to be the first [among you] who submit [to Allah ] and [was commanded], ‘Do not ever be of the polytheists.’ “[Quran 6: 13-14]
2. All the praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds. 3. The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. 4. The Master of the Day of Recompense. 5. You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help. 6. Guide us to the Straight Way.
7. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went. [Quran 1: 2-7]
4. Say, [O Muhammad], “Have you considered that which you invoke besides Allah ? Show me what they have created of the earth; or did they have partnership in [creation of] the heavens? Bring me a scripture [revealed] before this or a [remaining] trace of knowledge, if you should be truthful.” [Quran 46: 4]
11. This is the creation of Allah. So show Me that which those (whom you worship) besides Him have created. Nay, the wrongdoers are in plain error. [Quran 31: 11]
73. O mankind! A similitude has been coined, so listen to it (carefully): Verily those on whom you call besides Allah, cannot create (even) a fly, even though they combine together for the purpose. And if the fly snatches away a thing from them, they will have no power to release it from the fly. So weak are (both) the seeker and the sought. [Quran 22: 73]
1. The revelation of this Book is from Allah, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. 2. Verily We have sent down the Book to you in truth: So worship Allah by doing religious deeds sincerely for Allah’s sake only. 3. Surely the religion (i.e. the worship and the obedience) is for Allah only. And those who take protectors besides Him (say): “We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allah.” Verily Allah will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Truly, Allah guides not him who is a liar, and a disbeliever. [Quran 39: 1-3]
11. Say (O Muhammad): “Verily I am commanded to worship Allah ( alone) by obeying Him and doing religious deeds sincerely for His sake only. 12. “And I am commanded (this) in order that I may be the first of those who submit themselves to Allah (in Islâm) as Muslims.”
13. Say (O Muhammad): “Verily if I disobey my Lord, I am afraid of the torment of a great Day.”
14. Say (O Muhammad): “Allah Alone I worship by doing religious deeds sincerely for His sake only (and not to show off, and not to set up rivals with Him in worship.)” [Quran 39: 11-14]
31. And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands’ fathers, their sons, their husbands’ sons, their brothers, their brothers’ sons, their sisters’ sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed. [Quran 24: 31]
84. “O my people! Worship Allah, you have no other god but Him, and give not short measure or weight. I see you in prosperity and verily I fear for you the torment of a Day encompassing. 85. “And O my people! Give full measure and weight in justice and reduce not the things that are due to the people, and do not commit mischief in the land, causing corruption. [Quran 11: 84-85]
46. “O my people! Why do you seek to hasten the evil (torment) before the good (Allah’s Mercy)? Why seek you not the Forgiveness of Allah, that you may receive mercy?” [Quran 27: 46]
36. “O my people, worship Allah and expect the Last Day and do not commit abuse on the earth, spreading corruption.” [Quran 29: 36]
12. O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion; indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful. [Quran 49: 12]
58. Verily! Allah commands that you should render back the trusts to those to whom they are due; and that when you judge between men, you judge with justice. Verily, how excellent is the teaching which He (Allah) gives you! Truly, Allah is Ever All-Hearer, All-Seer. [Quran 4: 58]
1. Successful indeed are the believers. 2. Those who offer their Salât (prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness. 3. And those who turn away from ill speech. 4. And those who pay the Zakât. 5. And those who guard their chastity.
6. Except from their wives or (the slaves) that their right hands possess, – for then, they are free from blame. 7. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors. 8. And they who are to their trusts and their promises attentive. 9. And they who carefully maintain their prayers. 10. These are indeed the inheritors. 11. Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever. [Quran 23: 1-11]
104. And let there be [arising] from you a nation inviting to [all that is] good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong, and those will be the successful. [Quran 3: 104]
110. You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah . If only the People of the Scripture had believed, it would have been better for them. Among them are believers, but most of them are defiantly disobedient. [Quran 3: 110]
Read the following sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The most perfect of the believers in faith are the best of them in morals. And the best among them are those who are best to their wives.”[Tirmidhi]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “A good word is charity.”[Bukhari and Muslim]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “There is none amongst the Muslims who plants a tree or sows seeds, and then a bird, or a person or an animal eats from it, but is regarded as a charitable gift for him.”[Bukhari]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The biggest of the great sins are: to join others in worship with Allah, to be undutiful to one’s parents, and to give a false witness.” (He repeated it thrice, or said, “a false statement”, and kept on repeating that warning till we wished he would stop saying it.)[Muslim]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “O people, Allah is Good and He, therefore, accepts only that which is good. And Allah commanded the believers as He commanded the Messengers by saying: ‘O Messengers, eat of the good things, and do good deeds; verily I am aware of what you do.’ And He said: ‘O those who believe, eat of the good things that We gave you.’ [He then made a mention of a person who travels widely, his hair disheveled and covered with dust. He lifts his hand towards the sky, praying: “O Lord…O Lord…” But his diet is unlawful, his drink is unlawful, and his clothes are unlawful and his nourishment is unlawful. How can then his supplication be accepted?][Muslim]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah said: “O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you. O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself.”[Muslim]
A man came to Allah’s Apostle and said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?” The Prophet said, “Your mother.” The man said. “Who is next?” The Prophet said, “Your mother.” The man further said, “Who is next?” The Prophet said, “Your mother.” The man asked for the fourth time, “Who is next?” The Prophet said, “Your father.”[Bukhari]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “I and the person who looks after an orphan and provides for him, will be in Paradise like this,” putting his index and middle fingers together.[Bukhari]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Any man whom Allah has given the authority of ruling some people and he does not look after them in an honest manner, will never feel even the smell of Paradise.” [Bukhari]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Truth leads to piety and piety leads to Paradise. A man persists in speaking the truth till he is enrolled with Allah as a truthful. Falsehood leads to vice and vice leads to the Hellfire, and a person persists on telling lies until he is enrolled as a liar.” [Bukhari and Muslim]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Beware of injustice, for oppression will be darkness on the Day of Resurrection; and beware of stinginess because it doomed those who were before you. It incited them to shed blood and treat the unlawful as lawful.” [Muslim]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Whosoever testifies that there is no true god except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, Allah Most High saves him from the Hellfire.”[Bukhari and Muslim]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) did not indulge in loose talk nor did he like to listen to it. He used to say, “The best of you is the best among you in conduct.” [Bukhari and Muslim]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Nothing will be heavier on the Day of Resurrection in the Scale of the believer than good manners. Allah hates one who utters foul or coarse language.” [Tirmidhi]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked about the deed which will be foremost to lead a man to
Paradise. He replied, “Fear of Allah and the good conduct.” [Tirmidhi]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “The most perfect man in his faith among the believers is the one whose behavior is most excellent; and the best of you are those who are the best to their wives.” [Tirmidhi]
Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) saying: “A believer will attain by his good behavior the rank of one who prays during the night and observes fasting during the day.” [Abu Dawud]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “I guarantee a house in Paradise for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Paradise for the one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Paradise for one who has good manners.” [Abu Dawud]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “The dearest and nearest among you to me on the Day of Resurrection will be one who is the best of you in manners; and the most abhorrent among you to me and the farthest of you from me will be the pompous, the garrulous, and al-Mutafaihiqun.” The Companions asked him: “O Messenger of Allah! We know about the pompous and the garrulous, but we do not know who al-Mutafaihiqun are.” He replied: “The arrogant people.” [Tirmidhi]
Author : Hamad Saleh Al-Hoqail
- This Is Muhammad
- Don’t be sad
- Looking for God? Get Reasonable!
- Is There a True Religion?
- Understanding Islam
- Discovering the Truth
- The Holy Quran English Pdf
- World’s Best Travel Destination in 200 Countries