Verily, Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties for (the price) that theirs shall be the Paradise” (Tawbah, 9: 111)
The Difference between Masjid At-Taqwa and Masjid Ad-Dirar
Allah the Exalted says that the Masjid that has been built on the basis of Taqwa of Allah and His pleasure is not the same as a Masjid that was been built based on causing harm, disbelief and causing division among the believers, and as an outpost for those who warred against Allah and His Messenger . The latter built their Masjid on the edge of a steep hole,
﴿فِى نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ وَاللَّهُ لاَ يَهْدِى الْقَوْمَ الظَّـلِمِينَ﴾
(into the fire of Hell. And Allah guides not the people who are the wrongdoers.), Allah does not bring aright the works of those who commit mischief. Jabir bin `Abdullah said, “I saw the Masjid that was built to cause harm with smoke rising up from it, during the time of the Messenger of Allah .” Allah’s statement,
﴿لاَ يَزَالُ بُنْيَانُهُمُ الَّذِى بَنَوْاْ رِيبَةً فِى قُلُوبِهِمْ﴾
(The building which they built will never cease to be a cause of doubt in their hearts) and hypocrisy. Because of this awful action that they committed, they inherited hypocrisy in their hearts, just as those who worshipped the calf were inclined to adoring it. Allah said next,
﴿إِلاَّ أَن تَقَطَّعَ قُلُوبُهُمْ﴾
(unless their hearts are cut to pieces.) until they die, according to Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid, Qatadah, Zayd bin Aslam, As-Suddi, Habib bin Abi Thabit, Ad-Dahhak, `Abdur-Rahman bin Zayd bin Aslam and several other scholars of the Salaf.
(And Allah is All-Knowing,) of the actions of His creation,
(All-Wise.) in compensating them for their good or evil actions.
﴿إِنَّ اللَّهَ اشْتَرَى مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ أَنفُسَهُمْ وَأَمْوَلَهُمْ بِأَنَّ لَهُمُ الّجَنَّةَ يُقَـتِلُونَ فِى سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ فَيَقْتُلُونَ وَيُقْتَلُونَ وَعْدًا عَلَيْهِ حَقًّا فِي التَّوْرَاةِ وَالإِنجِيلِ وَالْقُرْءانِ وَمَنْ أَوْفَى بِعَهْدِهِ مِنَ اللَّهِ فَاسْتَبْشِرُواْ بِبَيْعِكُمُ الَّذِى بَايَعْتُمْ بِهِ وَذَلِكَ هُوَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ ﴾
(111. Verily, Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties for (the price) that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allah’s cause, so they kill and are killed. It is a promise in truth which is binding on Him in the Tawrah and the Injil and the Qur’an. And who is truer to his covenant than Allah Then rejoice in the bargain which you have concluded. That is the supreme success.) Source : qtafsir.com
Main article : The Qur’an Answering Your Questions
- Don’t be sad
- Looking for God? Get Reasonable!
- Is There a True Religion?
- Discovering the Truth
- The Only Way Out
- Confusion and Deviation
- Understanding Islam
- Women’s Rights in Islam
- Human Rights in Islam
- This Is Muhammad
- World’s Best Travel Destination in 200 Countries
- 100 International Scholarships from the World’s Best Universities